Matching Engine Developer
IEX is looking for a talented developer to join our matching engine development team.
This experienced individual has a proven track record in development of matching engine, algorithmic trading and/or smart order routing strategies. This person will partner with our quant, product, regulatory, and business teams to innovate and create market leading products for the Exchange.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an algorithmic trading environment and have a solid grasp of US equity market structure, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency in the markets is imperative. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Ability to mentor and inspire team members to do their best work
- Balance of being a team player as well as forming and asserting personal viewpoints independent of others
- Ability to consistently produce results
- Belief in IEX's mission to build fairer markets
What you'll do:
- Work with technology, quant, regulatory, market and business development teams to make design and architecture decisions in developing new Exchange products
- Hands on development and maintenance of the Exchange matching engine and other quantitative products
- Work closely with Market Operations and Technology Operations teams to provide help with troubleshooting production issues
- 5-10 years of experience in technology development and/or quantitative roles within capital markets industry
- Design and development experience within a trading desk’s matching engine, algorithmic trading or smart order routing teams
- In-depth knowledge of US Equities market structure, quality of execution, and exchange order types
- Understanding of the US market micro-structure and its regulatory rules (Reg NMS, ISO, dark pools)
- Data knowledge and skills in KDB+, market data, historical TAQ, pre/post analytics
- Core Java development in a low latency environment
- Familiarity with C/C++
- Knowledge of Python, Shell or other scripting languages
- Linux experience
- Git experience
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.