Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining role will lead the continuing engineering support for in-production products and transitional support for new product development.. This individual will work collaboratively within a highly cross functional team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. As the team is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring mechanical design robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be opportunities for interaction at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own design and development of in-production products and in-field retrofits through a Phase Gate style Product Development Process
- Create engineering requirements and documents to meet product requirements
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Troubleshoot and solve performance problems during development and in production
- Clearly document and communicate your work to technical leads and managers
- Use data to drive engineering decision making
- Create and manage engineering changes for updates and improvements to existing products
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
- Oversight of manufacturing, quality, and field reliability issues and support of those teams
- Root cause analysis and countermeasure resolution establishment for manufacturing, quality, and field reliability issues
- Creation and presentation of business case summaries for new or modified designs
- Creation of detailed RFQ documents and supporting CAD data packages (2D/3D) for sourcing of suppliers for new or modified parts and assemblies
- Technical project management of supplier/development partner(s)
- Lead 3D CAD data creation, release of BOMs, 2D drawing and specification document creation, including performance requirements and GD&T, initiation and interpretation of FEA/CAE simulations results and integration into product designs, determining prototype needs, establishment of DVP&R test plans, oversight of testing results and adjustment of designs to address testing issues
- Lead cross-functional team communications with manufacturing and quality team members
- Create or modify designs with a focus for ease in manufacturability.
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 5+ years mechanical design experience or relevant experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Proficient in 3D Solid Modeling & creating 2D drawings. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience with test and measurement tools
- Experience with tolerance analysis
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Engineering (or Sr. Manager)
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.