Metrology & Evaluation Engineer at Harry's Inc.
What you will do:
- Perform lab-based measurements as requested by engineering teams and operating and programming CMM, OMM, surface roughness, 3D scanners, hardness testers, microscopes, and other lab equipment
- Provide technical consultation to others pertaining to measurement problems and assume a leadership role in technical project teams.
- Implement corrective and preventive action projects pertaining to calibration and measurement issues
- Take full responsibility of designing, developing and maintaining a product testing & evaluation center including process, capital investment, maintenance and design layout of infrastructure
- Prepare calibration procedures, plans and management of documentation
- Perform on-going product testing and evaluations to ensure that our suppliers are meeting rigorous functional, dimensional, and cosmetic requirements
- Develop training plans and materials, conduct training and maintain professional competency
- Assist in supplier quality audits and assist with supplier quality issues
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with complex calibration and metrology issues.
- Write exemplary test reports
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues
- Ensure safety protocols are followed and where necessary new safety processes are implemented
These may describe you:
- BS in Mechanical engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of experience with 1-2 of them in a metrology or testing lab
- Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab)
- Ability to operate & program a CMM or OMM
- Able to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Comfortable using engineering analysis methods such as Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, and PFMEA.
- Communicates well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors to be able to create cross-functional consensus with a senior, global team.
- Experience reading and translating 2D engineering drawings into inspection plans.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Supplier Quality Engineering Sr. Manager
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including, Global Sourcing, Program Management, and Product Development Engineering.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.