Mid Backend Engineer III at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Our team is looking for a Backend Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to power the Stash experience. We’ve had tremendous growth in the past two years and have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us. If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing application and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, Stash might be the fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Build backend services including the core APIs that power our mobile apps, and our backend data processing and trading systems
- Deliver software components from the first commit to production
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to produce working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- BS in Computer Science preferred or relevant industry experience
- A passionate engineer who can turn ideas and requirements into working software
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Familiarity with or interest in Scala, Akka, Terraform, Postgres, SNS/SQS, Kafka, Ruby on Rails
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected]
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**