Mid Level Software Engineer - Runtime Platform at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are looking for a Mid Level Software Engineer to join our Runtime team in São Paulo/Remote.
WHO WE ARE
The Runtime team is a part of Production Engineering (PE), an organization that provides a global, secure and scalable cloud native platform to deliver reliable software. The team extends the Kubernetes container orchestration runtime (e.g. via Operator pattern) and maintains clusters running more than 7k pods and 200+ nodes. We create platforms to facilitate software development for more than 200 developers, solving problems common to all, with a strong focus on autonomy and accelerating the delivery of value for these teams.
We created products to compose the GCNS (Gympass Cloud Native Stack), a world class platform for developers to deliver high quality solutions without having to worry about implementing the infrastructure.
Some examples of products on our platform:
- aws-operator: provision AWS resources
- kafka-operator: provision Apache Kafka resources
- external-role: create a identity role in supported providers external system (e.g. Vault, AWS IAM Role)
- ad-datadog-webhook: build auto discovery annotations to inject inside Kubernetes deployments allowing Datadog start integration monitoring.
We use Open Source software, so we would like to give back to the community by providing team-built solutions.
- Develop runtime platform products to meet the challenges of running cloud native services using agile methodologies
- Design, develop and maintain an advanced platform to manage Kubernetes clusters lifecycle
- Design, develop and extend Kubernetes APIs
- Design and build a secure, global and scalable distributed systems platform
- Operate and improve our runtime products (e.g. secrets management, messaging queue systems)
- Contribute with product documentation (e.g. user guide, configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures)
- Participate in the definition of standards, RFCs (Request for Comments), guidelines and best practices
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years or more of experience with software engineering
- Knowledge of Kubernetes ecosystem
- Have a problem solving, collaboration and learning mindset
- Interested in building platforms that can be leveraged and extended by other engineer
- CNCF Kubernetes certifications
- Experience with Kubernetes day-to-day
- Experience with Operator Pattern and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Golang knowledge
- Proficiency in English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.