Mobile Backend Engineer
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
The deep learning revolution has given computers a new fundamental sense: sight. Clarifai makes it easy for developers to teach computers how to see.
We are excited for you to bring your engineering expertise to help make our computer vision technology available on mobile and IoT devices, and analyze the massive amounts of visual content users generate.
We are looking for software engineers who love:
- Crafting APIs, in the cloud, that will be used by millions of mobile clients.
- Collaborating to the architectural conception and implementation of services to expand Clarifai's A.I. technology.
- Building reusable objects to be shared among several clients.
- Learn an interdisciplinary technology.
The mobile team is lean and very focused; and we collaborate directly with the research, design, data, and marketing teams.
As a Mobile Backend Engineer at Clarifai, you will help bring A.I. into the physical world. You are going to help us make it possible to understand images and video in real-time, which enables brand new types of applications never built before.
What You Bring:
- Two years, or more, of professional software engineering experience.
- Boots on the ground designing, publishing, and documenting public APIs.
- Experience with Python, Go, C++, or Java.
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- A plus if you have a background in cloud computing infrastructure and containers.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Learn our technology stack. Whether you are passionate about mobile, backend, frontend, or all-of-the-above, we want you to get familiar with what we've built so far.
- Understand the progress that we have made on integrating our cloud-based API's with our mobile applications and SDK.
- Refine, iterate, and improve upon what has been built already.
3 months later, you start putting yourself out there. You will implement new features in our existing cloud API and tools.
6 months down the road, you will be on your way to making sure that when people think of Clarifai, they think of mobile. You will:
- Have a deep understanding of our tech stack, our code base, and what we have added to it since you've started.
- Make mission critical contributions to the code base and major progress on our priority products.
- Propose and implement new and exciting applications of our technology.
In 12 months, you'll be bringing cloud APIs to the forefront of Clarifai's product line, and in the future, you will strive to have Clarifai APIs serving a plethora of devices.
Perks and Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- No meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Free snacks, drinks, lunch
- Discounted gym membership