Mobile Engineer (Android/iOS) at Eight Sleep
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build the first-ever sleep fitness solution
- Be a driving force behind the company’s growth-- you’ll be building the robust set of features that support our new SaaS model
- Be the third mobile engineer company-wide and have a significant impact on the product
- Work on technology core to our members’ experience-- the Eight Sleep app
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related technical field, or equivalent experience with solid portfolio of apps in both the App Store & Google Play
- 5+ years of mobile app development experience with a proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java for Android and Typescript. React or React Native experience is a strongly needed.
- Strong knowledge of both Apple HIG and Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Experience integrating with multiple 3rd party APIs.
- Work on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York City.
- 1+ years in a lead capacity with direct reports and/or mentorship with junior engineers
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Exposure to any of the following: AWS, NodeJS.
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks