Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are key experts in building and operating Gemini’s world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Role: Network Automation Engineer
As a Network Automation Engineer, you’ll have a hand in building our company as you focus on automating, designing, developing, and maintaining Gemini’s Datacenter/Cloud hybrid network infrastructure. You’ll be working closely with your peers in Infrastructure, Security, Development, and with other internal stakeholders in order to meet the company’s high standards for technical and business support. You should value collaboration and also take proactive ownership for individual results as you dig into Networking projects with a heavy focus on automation and a DevOps mindset. The team is looking for someone with a great deal of intellectual curiosity and the ability to challenge standard methodologies while upholding effective processes and best practices
- Lead/Participate in projects, related to automation and configuration management of our current network infrastructure and help support new network initiatives
- Lead/Participate in projects related to Cloud Networking Architecture.
- Continually drive improvements in network performance to support our platforms
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Daily operational tasks
- Short and long-term project work
- Participate in team’s 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience with network automation platforms (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with enterprise scripting languages (such as Python, etc.)
- Experience with AWS Network Architecture and integration (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Understanding of Enterprise Networking Concepts and Architecture (BGP, OSPF, Spine/Leaf, VXLAN)
- Understanding of all aspects of TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Working knowledge of modern Cisco platforms/software/practices (e.g., Catalyst, Nexus)
- Working knowledge of modern Firewall platforms/software/practices (e.g., Palo Alto, Fortinet, ASA)
- Knowledge of NMS tools (such as Extrahop, Corvil, Splunk, Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana)
- Robust experience in a fast-paced financial services or financial trading environment or Large-Scale Web presence company
- Multi Cloud Knowledge (eg. AWS, GCP)
- Docker and Orchestration Platform experience (Kubernetes, Nomad, etc)
It Pays to Work Here:
- We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.