Peloton is seeking a passionate packaging engineer to lead and support various package engineering projects. This role is based in Manhattan at the Chelsea HQ office. In this role, you will research and identify new packaging technologies, methods, and suppliers to apply to business needs. You will interact with Peloton’s cross functional teams including design, product, engineering, quality, logistics, compliance, and senior leadership. The ideal candidate has experience with packaging development, has a passion for the area as well as fitness, familiar with Peloton and the products they offer, and willing to get involved in all aspects and ask questions.
- Support and lead the creative design and development of packaging research
- Develop and execute packaging tests to meet global compliance regulations
- Lead packaging documentation and analysis of specifications
- Support packaging departmental goals of cost savings, sustainability, and overall business
- Support vendor relationships through product development and innovation pipelines
- Lead prototype development for concepts and testing
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and communication within a matrix organization
- Develop and manage packaging KPI’s related to costs, sustainability, and projects
- Research and problem solve in market issues related to packaging
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- This position requires some domestic and international travel, estimated 10-15%
- B.S. in Package Engineering or similar discipline; Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience within package engineering
- Experience with bulky metal and plastic components/finished goods
- Full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, Production, recovery, recycle)
- Expert-level user of CAD (ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD) for packaging design and layout
- You have experience working with global vendors in Europe and Asia
- You’re experienced with technical packaging programs and drawings
- Understanding of package test methods and documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification processes
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.