Partner Support Engineer
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
This role combines Product Management, Project management and API Support into one highly visible role within our Partnership channel. This individual will support OnDeck’s partner channel, specifically the performance of our suite of API and Portals through which partners submit, decision, and retrieve information regarding customer referrals. Gathering new feature requirements or troubleshooting problems in real-time, this role will help support and grow OnDeck’s partner technology capabilities.
As a Partner Support Engineer, you will:
- Manage OnDeck’s external facing partner APIs
- Ensure proper production support and troubleshoot issues in real-time
- Manage ongoing partners integrating to our APIs, both virtually and on-site at partner
- Constant customer engagement in order to validate requirements and create strategic product partnerships
- Capture requirements and distill these into specifications for developers to follow
- Create trust and credibility with Development, Product Management and Support teams, working closely to anticipate customer expectations/needs and translate into solutions and capabilities
- Identify new features that can be developed and deployed into our APIs and portals
- Assist in the overall experience developers have when integrating with our product
- Report Product roadmap progress to Management and stakeholders; KPIs, and Business/Sector key business deliverables
- Create, update and maintain relevant API documentation.
Personal Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of JAVA and PHP
- Communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists
- Exhibits and drives a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
- Proven ability to develop and sustain strong relationships both internally and externally
- Comfortable in highly dynamic environments. Action oriented with a flexible and entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Financial workflows
- Ability to hit the ground running with little oversight
- High-energy and enthusiastic. Tech-savvy, forward-thinking mindset.
- Customer Obsessed
- At least 2 years of technical project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience implementing integrations with APIs is preferable
- At least 1 year of Supporting partner relationships
- Ability to understand software architecture and technology is critical
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**