Penetration Tester at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking to hire an Penetration Tester to join our security team. You will be responsible for the testing and enhancing of our current security infrastructure.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Conduct regular security assessments
- Conduct social engineering engagements
- Assess vulnerable packages and systems across our ecosystem
- Work with our SOC, Compliance, and Engineering team on third party audits and compliance reviews
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform red team / attack simulation assessments as well as more traditional penetration testing
- Develop new tactics, techniques, and procedures to ensure red teaming keeps pace with attacker innovation
- Social engineering and physical security assessments in support of assessment activities
- Document findings for management and technical staff and recommend mitigating actions;
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Red Team exercises and simulate security breaches and attempted attacks;
- Strong knowledge of the security of Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and related technologies
- Enabling and informing risk based decisions
- Works with risk advisors to advise and give feedback on risk impact.
- Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems, and work with the product / project team to implement these effectively into their work.
- 3 years minimum experience in the information security field
- Solid programming skills, any of C, C++, Java, C#, python, ruby, x86 or ARM assembler
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience with public Cloud Native APIs (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Experience working in Financial industry a plus
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing the current security infrastructure.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.