Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey.
Bread has enormous and engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, and approve and price credit while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our engineering team is seasoned, talented, agile, and quickly growing.
Your role at Bread:
- Be responsible for leading design and implementation of new features and iterations of our internal platform tools.
- Be tool oriented - you’ll write tools and introduce approaches that we didn't know we needed but that after a month we won't know how we lived without them
- Build distributed systems that scale as we rapidly grow
- Enable Bread to process billions of dollars of financial instruments per year
What we are looking for:
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems at a senior level
- Expert knowledge of Go.
- Expertise with Kubernetes (architecture and internals)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for engineering and technology
- Experience with PostgreSQL/Rabbit/Kafka/Redis/gRPC
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (AWS, k8s, docker)
- Experience on agile teams
- Experience with kubernetes development workflows (Telepresence and Skaffold)
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Codefresh)