Platform Engineer - Powered by We, Technology at WeWork Technology
In less than a decade, WeWork has become the world’s largest operator of co-working space. It has transformed real estate around the world by building out shared offices and renting them out to both single-person startups and major companies like Facebook and Bank of America. THAT is what WeWork is best known for but WeWork doesn’t just run coworking spaces with ping-pong tables and beer on tap these days. It also operates shared living apartment buildings, gyms, and even a school.
And now, WeWork is turning office space into a service.
Earlier this year, WeWork acquired analytics company Teem, which aims to help companies plan and use their offices effectively with a host of data-based technologies - and allows WeWork to provide office management services to enterprises directly, in a new initiative called Powered by We.
What is the Teem platform?
Teem is a software that enables office managers to manage desk and meeting room reservations and analyze how that space is being used. And, it enables companies’ growing desire to use office space as efficiently as possible. The technology, which is already integrated into popular office tools like Slack, Office 365, and Google, is used by high-profile companies such as Airbnb, Dropbox, and GE. By understanding how employees utilize the different areas of an office, companies can save money by taking advantage of every room that’s gathering dust.
What is the role?
The role of Platform Engineer will play a key role in our continually growing Sales Organization. You will play a critical part in onboarding our new clients (friends) to the Teem platform. These clients happen to be some of the largest companies on this planet. This will make you the talk-of-the-town, the coolest around and you can say, “look at me, world, I have made it!”
As the go-to Teem expert you will provide critical technical expertise during post-sale onboarding. You will take ownership of all technical aspects of the account post-evaluation and pilot stage. This may be provided in the form of technical consultations, milestone tracking, and account configuration support. You will be assisting companies execute to the plan laid out by clients and our sales engineers and will help them understand how to best use Teem to fit their unique workplace culture.
You will be working with C-level executives, IT leaders, real estate groups, facility management teams and more, to demonstrate how Teem’s capabilities will assist them in solving their complex office space problems.
Lastly, you will be a peer mentor/coach to other Teemmates around you. People will look to you to help them solve difficult problems because you’ll be an expert at protecting and managing relationships that are impacted by technical obstacles.
- Promoting Teems value through positive customer and team member interactions.
- Holding video conference calls, walking clients through the setup of systems and features.
- Providing technical assistance during the client implementation process by answering technical questions in a consultative fashion.
- Defining and creating solutions to help our customers realize the full potential of Teem’s offering.
- Working with client teams to ensure successful experience when onboarding various Teem applications.
- Tracking onboarding milestones.
- Holding internal resources and customers accountable to corresponding milestone deadlines.
- Helping third-parties determine their best integration path and basic integration assistance with required technical integrations.
- Identifying and triaging urgent issues that may occur during the product implementation, and working closely with customers and Teem support through issue resolution.
- Building alliances with Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Support teams to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information.
- Provide product training and education sessions to various departments within Teem.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years similar experience
- A passion for figuring out solutions to complex business problems faced by clients.
- Project management experience is a must
- Familiarity with common network protocols (HTTP/HTTPS) and the use of REST API’s.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android, along with a working knowledge of Mobile Device Management.
- Well versed in email and calendaring solutions such as Exchange, Exchange Online, and G Suite.
- Knowledge of SSO, SAML, and other user syncing technologies.
- Demonstrated IT abilities troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems.
- Strong sales acumen, promoting effective demonstration environments and presenting the solution to prospective customers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical issues and resolution via email, phone, and in person.
- Can do attitude, willing to do whatever work is necessary for the team's success and willingness to adapt to different tasks throughout the day.
- Dynamic personality. Someone with whom people enjoy speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become competent with complex products and technologies.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once.
- 10%-25% travel.