About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Engineering at Q:
We are using technology to take the headache out of office management. We are building a platform to help office managers run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable our employees to work more efficiently. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
The Platform Team owns Q’s core domain models at the API level, manages Q’s cloud infrastructure, and pushes the wider Engineering department forward by extending our technical platform with new capabilities. We tend to work on larger projects (3-6+ months) that enable new feature work in our products, increase the technical quality of our backend systems, or help all of Engineering be more productive.
As an Engineer on the Platform team, you’ll contribute code to our core systems while also working with a team of experienced engineers to determine the future direction of our technical platform. You’ll need to be able to work by yourself and with the team to deeply understand a technical area, design the best solution for a given problem, implement it, and get your peers to adopt your solution.
You’ll work in a domain where the business problems are complex, the technical paths to solve the problems are myriad, and the urgency to grow is real. You’ll need to find a path through the ambiguity while maintaining a quality bar befitting a product where errors and lapses in data quality directly affect people’s lives.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Proficiency in at least one of Python, Ruby, Node.js, Go, or a JVM language
- Experience working with distributed applications and related technologies, e.g. message queues, distributed logs, high-availability data stores
- A strong understanding of consistency and availability fundamentals related to distributed systems
- Experience building and deploying significant, well-architected, maintainable, and testable applications
- A demonstrated ability to tackle large or complex technical projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to advocate for your technical solutions to your team and the larger Engineering department
Perks & Benefits
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG