Platform Engineer at Share Local Media
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:27 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
We have built a platform that enables our clients to deploy and manage direct mail campaigns similar to how they would use a tool like MailChimp to run an email marketing campaign. We offer full personalization and can interface with a clients CRM or automated marketing platfom to trigger mailings based on user behavior and segmentation.
You’ll report directly to the CTO and you will be working with stakeholders across the organization. This is a unique opportunity to make a lasting and immediate impact.
You will be:
- Implementing campaign management tools to give clients real-time insights into their campaigns and offering vital insights.
- Building data pipelines and helping us integrate insights from clients existing (non-programmatic) campaigns.
- Integrating with printers and other 3rd parties to enable us to offer new formats and features.
- Working with our data team to iterate on tools and methodologies for attribution, tracking and reporting.
- Help us evolve our AWS infrastructure for performance and security.
Our primary technologies are Ruby (on Rails) and React.js. We are using Postgres, Docker, Redis and running on AWS.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience building software products.
- Strong experience with at least one common web application language such as Ruby, Python or NodeJS.
- Strong familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, RDB)
- Strong database experience (Postgresql, Redshift, NoSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.
Read Full Job Description