The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer's Dog is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. We are looking for someone to build and maintain our software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers and other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as ‘the platform’. This individual will be responsible for bridging the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering. This person will need to be able to draw on shared experience with Software Engineers to understand their needs, coach operational practices, and share expertise, when needed.
We view Platform Engineering as successful when Software Engineers are able to deliver their software to end-users quickly, safely, and feel a high degree of ownership throughout the process.How You'll Make An Impact
- Contribute code to various infrastructure, tools, and services.
- Review code for other members of the engineering team.
- Respond to platform bugs and incidents as they arise.
- Support engineers in using the platform.
- Support engineers working on production application issues.
- Mentor engineers in software operations and delivery practices.
- You should have at least 4+ years of professional experience working in a software related field
- 2+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE
- Hands-on experience using AWS
- Familiar with Terraform and Docker
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota