Platform Software Engineer at SIMON
Want to work at a fast-growing and award-winning fintech company? In our first two years, we’ve nearly tripled headcount and added two new asset classes to our cutting-edge platform for financial advisors. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020 and, with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
As a SIMON Platform Software Engineer, you will design and build core backend services, libraries and tools to power the SIMON web platform and APIs. You will help drive the architecture at SIMON and help articulate it across the engineering teams through clear writing and verbal communication. You will also help empower other SIMON engineers to build applications by providing best-in-class tools and architectural guidance.
We are looking for candidates who like working in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about writing code, sharing ideas in both written and verbal forms, and building elegant and efficient systems.
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the field
- Knowledge of one or more functional programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for architecting and building scalable and performant services
- Passion for communicating designs and architectural visions to other engineers
- Knowledge of Scala and experience with frameworks such as Akka
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Experience with building applications using AWS solutions such as S3, Kinesis, ElastiCache
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.