As a member of Peloton’s Software Architecture team you’ll be involved in software that powers every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, and TV in four different countries. We help users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more.
Peloton is looking for a Principal Software Architect who will help drive architecture of its backend software.
The Principal Software Architect will drive technical discussions leading to design decisions for Peloton’s backend software. The architect will serve as a transformational technical lead providing insights to the software leadership team on technology advancements for backend software stack, ensuring scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model for the Product Engineering org
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Align our technology with the goals of the business and strategic objectives
- Coach engineers in architecture skills and thinking. Mentor and upskill engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
- Manage and identify organizational-wide risk
- Work with other software architects, engineering leads and Product Managers to define software architecture and build prototype of Peloton backend software stack
- Communicate cross functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
- Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for assessment and improvements
- 10+ years of backend software lead/architect experience
- 5 years of experience in architecting and shipping backend software at scale
- Experience driving end to end performance of the software stack.
- Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up.
- Deep knowledge in several of the following domains: Microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Java, Python, Kotlin, gRPC
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams
- Significant experience with SOA/microservices and event-driven architectures
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done
- Experience in a high-paced, high-growth environment working with deadlines and milestones
- Proven track record of keeping the customers top of mind, building robust solutions at scale that better the customer experience
- Strong project management skills with the ability to scope and assess the risk of large development and testing efforts that span multiple teams and organizations
- Ability to create analysis and quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com