Principal DevOps Engineer at LivePerson (Remote)
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a leading customer engagement company, creating digital experiences powered by Curiously Human AI. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
This is an exciting opportunity to join LivePerson as a Principal DevOps Engineer on the front lines of a public cloud transformation. We're looking for passionate engineers to empower developers to build and deploy their services to the public cloud (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.) We need senior engineers with experience around infrastructure-as-code, cloud-native system designs, and automation. You will have a history of automating operations for distributed systems and experience moving systems to the cloud.
You will report to the Manager, DevOps
- Lead the build out of our infrastructure-as-code catalog with Terraform, by breaking down complex systems into repeatable modules that encapsulate best practices.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Terraform delivery system.
- Work with the SRE team to integrate infrastructure creation automation into the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery.
- Assist embedded DevOps Engineers, Software Developers, and Cloud Engineers with designing, implementing, and troubleshooting Terraform.
- Help with the design, implementation, and maintenance of a no-code infrastructure delivery system.
- Design, develop and implement documentation or tools to facilitate Technical Support team responsibilities
- Design, develop, and implement documentation or tools appropriate to the maintenance of application platforms
- Work with the engineering and product management teams
- Research, design and document solutions implement solutions for fault, performance, capacity, and configuration management for various data center operations
- Oversee the implementation of these solutions under the direction of the Manager DevOps, and provide technical input as required
- Identify production stability concerns at breakpoint, vulnerability scanning and impact analysis, and design implement remediation plans to address these concerns
- Provide on-call support for escalated off-hours issues
- Identify opportunities for further automation of aforementioned activities
- Execution and maintenance of internal SLAs developed with partners
- Treat backend enterprise systems as part of our SaaS system
- 7+ years of experience working in a public cloud related DevOps role (AWS, Azure, or GCP, with GCP experience preferred).
- 5+ years of experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented programming.
- Experience maintaining or implementing CI/CD systems
- Experience contributing to a public cloud transformation.
- Experience in Cloud Operations and maintaining a production environment
- Ability to understand complex system designs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Health: medical, dental, and vision
- Development: Native AI learning
- Additional: WFH support
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson:
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.