Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Principal Engineer you will lead, design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines responsible for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions. You will lead the entire software development lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, and deployment for streaming, batch ETL and RESTful APIs. You will be using cutting edge Big Data technologies on cloud platforms. As a senior contributor, you will help guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to junior team members.
What you’ll get to do:
- Planning delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Architect and build data pipelines and data stores specialized for data science needs
- Design architecture to streamline data science SDLC
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Build tools and frameworks for use across the data science and data engineering teams
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with engineering teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
- Participate in training and mentoring of more junior data engineers
- Ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment.
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- 8+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- Hands-on coding experience in object oriented language, preferably Java/Scala/Python
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Expertise in using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Experience building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What puts you over the top:
- Digital advertising or web technology experience
- Experience with Spark streaming or Flink
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
- Experience with MLOps tools
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.