Principal Engineer, Microservices at Peloton
At Peloton, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are looking for a senior leader to ensure we have the right architecture and processes to scale our operations. As a domain expert in microservices, you’ll lead the way in defining a suitable framework around service definitions, inter-service communication, monitoring, CI/CD and more. As a part of our architectural committee, you will be the primary driver of the effort of re-architecturing our monolith into suitable services. You’ll use your leadership skills to gain alignment amongst your peers on various architectural decisions.
- Lead the process for creating a comprehensive microservices architecture by reviewing the current state of the monolithic system and proposing a systematic approach for migrating towards a microservices design
- Be a technical leader and identify and outline a future facing service oriented architecture
- Partner with other engineering leads to implement the new architecture. Create a blueprint and roadmap and lead the teams through an agile process with a hands-on engineering mindset
- Be responsible for identifying, defining and articulating design tradeoffs, knowing that not every good idea is acceptable
- Improve developer experience by recommending and implementing tools for microservices monitoring/profiling/tracing
- Demonstrate relentless focus for quality and timely delivery
- As a leader, influence developers and senior leadership to establish, maintain and govern standards with respect to microservices/SOA best practices
- 10+ years of experience as lead/architect
- Significant experience in SOA/Microservice architecture in a relatively large and complex environment
- Comprehensive experience in cloud technologies (aws, azure etc), Kubernetes, end-to-end monitoring and API security
- Experience with Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles, GraphQL, Load balancing concepts; Communication and RPC protocols such as HTTP, TCP, gRPC
- Experience leading at least one complex migration from monolith to microservices
- Ability to create analysis and quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
- Strong project management skills with ability to accurately estimate development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, and assess risk in the overall project
More about you:
The successful candidate will have a mix of excellent technical, analytical, program management, and communications skills. You are a strong, acknowledged leader, an empathic listener, and you can explain complex ideas to C-level audiences using plain English. You have worked for a large enterprise and you want to mature Peloton’s thinking and execution. You are very collaborative, thrive when solving hard problems, and move effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.