Principal Engineer at Happy Money (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:31 a.m. (EST) on Friday, December 10, 2021
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
Happy Money’s Engineering team is seeking to hire a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to lead systems design and architecture initiatives spanning multiple divisions delivering products and services in support of Happy Money’s lending business.
You will take on multiple projects to assess and identify challenges, and propose design solutions in collaboration with engineers, data scientists and Product stakeholders to deliver a highly available, and delightful customer experience for Happy Money Customers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working cross functionally to identify system requirements, and designing the architecture of critical systems.
- Leading engineers to design and develop critical systems.
- Influencing and gaining consensus to impact the technology roadmap.
- Promoting best practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Leading by example, taking ownership of the design and development of system components.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to increase engineering efficiency.
- Evangelizing development maturity through combined engineering and the full development life cycle.
- Full stack development engineer with breadth of experience in system design, application architecture, and test driven development.
- Goes deep to diagnose problems and communicate solutions broadly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self learner.
- Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Results oriented, and knows how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills capable of leading multiple projects.
- You are a polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
- Experience designing system architecture.
- Experience designing service oriented architecture.
- Experience and strong understanding microservices architecture.
- Experience designing and developing cloud based solutions.
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Production experience developing in Java, C#, Go, or other languages.
- Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Science or related field of study OR relevant work experience.
BONUS POINTS ABOUT YOU
- Background developing banking and lending systems (e.g. LMS,LOS).
- 5+ or more years experience leading teams as a tech lead or people manager.
- Experience using models, algorithms, and ML technology in production systems to solve core business problems.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Read Full Job Description