Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer (PFE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a PFE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. PFE’s build out our front end technology infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of usability and delight with our products. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Excited to use technology to enhance the development experience and velocity of their colleagues
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineer
Your day to day is…
- Working with technologies like React building the libraries and frameworks that power Zocdoc’s front-end development. You might build features that help doctor's visualize their value on Zocdoc or develop core patient experiences that change the way patients interact with healthcare
- Shipping real code to millions of users continuously
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing themselves
- Building a design system. Setting and evangelizing Front End standards for the organization
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for web development IDEs, writing automated tests, and working with source code management systems
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- Worked to build and maintain design systems and component libraries
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout, styling
- Experience addressing performance issues and optimizing pages for SEO
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience. Experience with React framework is required
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred, but not required
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.