Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer (PFE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a PFE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. PFE’s build out our front end technology infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of usability and delight with our products. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineers
Your day to day is…
- Working with technologies like React/Redux building the libraries and frameworks that power Zocdoc’s front-end development. You might build features that help doctor's visualize their value on Zocdoc or develop core patient experiences that change the way patients interact with healthcare
- Shipping real code to millions of users continuously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike!
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing themselves
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for web development IDEs, writing automated tests, and working with source code management systems is unparalleled
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment.
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout, styling, and front-end functionality (we’ll want to see your work).
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience. Experience with a newer front end framework is desired (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Meteor, etc.)
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks(in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.