Join a rapidly growing team led by experienced technical founders with a market-leading technology product. We are searching for a Principal Full-Stack Engineer to play a leading role on our Engineering team as we continue to scale our product suite. We are seeking a colleague who is excited about programming and building day-to-day, while also collaborating to determine Chronograph’s technical vision and set rigorous code quality standards.
As Principal Full-Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for helping design and implement systems and features across Chronograph’s suite of products. One day you might be optimizing the performance of an API endpoint or implementing a new frontend feature; another you could be contributing to an architecture outline or helping identify new talent.
Our engineers work with a diverse array of languages and technologies (including GraphQL, Node.js, React/Redux, Ruby/Rails, some Python and Go, etc.), making it possible to find many growth paths. We are also increasingly embracing machine learning, which will be a growth area in future.
You should care about software design and have built products that other people love to use and work with, and have experience encouraging the adoption of best practices. At Chronograph, engineers work closely with our product and design leaders to create world-class user experiences. The Chronograph engineering team is centered around learning, knowledge sharing, and both personal and team development.
- Ten or more (10+) years of professional development experience
- A passion for maintainable, readable, stable, secure, and scalable code
- Proven experience architecting and developing SaaS applications; extra points for finance-oriented or enterprise solutions
- Advanced knowledge of, and extensive experience with, ES6/7, Node.js, React/Redux, and other modern JS tools and paradigms; experience with Ruby on Rails and/or similar backend frameworks (e.g. Django) desired but not required
- Strong experience with relational database design and development (preferably with PostgreSQL) and understanding of NoSQL databases and in-memory stores (e.g. Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience with data engineering, data pipelines, and/or machine learning highly desirable
- Deep understanding of microservice design and working with distributed systems
- Strong communication skills; able to help others on the team quickly understand technical issues
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working as a technical leader on engineering teams with oversight of the SDLC, and responsibility for designing complex services-based architecture
- Proven ability to mentor engineers across the team to encourage the usage of best practices, and adoption of high-quality code design standards
- Experience with testing frameworks, and CI/CD tools
- Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and creativity
- Strong analytical, project leadership and communication skills
Chronograph offers a comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, variable equity compensation, health benefits, unlimited vacation, and more. We want you to be happy for the long-term.
Chronograph is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. The firm is backed by The Carlyle Group and Nasdaq, and counts several of the world’s largest institutional investors as clients. Currently, over $500 billion of invested capital is managed via Chronograph's LP and GP platforms.
Through cloud-based diligence, monitoring, and reporting toolset, the company’s solutions help investment professionals integrate, organize, and make use of all relevant investment data. Our end-markets include venture capital, growth equity, buyout, real estate, infrastructure, credit, and more.
Solutions for Limited Partners:
- Data aggregation and analytics
- Performance and exposure tracking
- Diligence tools, constituent reporting solutions, and more
Solutions for General Partners:
- Portfolio company analysis and data management
- Advanced portfolio analytics
- Constituent reporting