- You will own the maturation and evolution of our client's technical and business strategy framework within the scope of our engagement
- You will collaborate with others during the sales process to develop proposals and present to senior client stakeholders.
- Collaborate with client business and technical stakeholders to develop a business-driven technical strategy that is forward looking and challenges the current status quo.
- Communicate important technical and business trends to client leadership to drive a transformative and accelerated set of outcomes to meet or beat client expectations.
- Bridge the gap between client business leadership and larger Thoughtworks tech strategic thinking. This role is the primary conduit for Thoughtworks thinking in these areas.
- Ensure core client business context, key portfolio objectives to support and the role of platform capabilities and practice activities in supporting delivery are well understood and documented. Replay understanding to client stakeholders (VPs, EA group etc.) and get common buy-in on areas to narrow down on.
- In the solutioning phase, ensure proposed strategy accounts justifies investment, even when the problem space shifts. This is essentially ensuring core capabilities identified aren't too narrowly focused. (Ex: single view of a customer needs establishing a single SoR for identity). Driving an incremental strategy requires understanding of when to stay the course and when to pivot.
- Work with clients to drive platform and practice adoption. Establish value metrics and ensure measurement and value storytelling cadences are in place.
- Collaborate with EMPC Practice SMEs to develop a vision for architectural and engineering organizational change and ensure vision is evolved and executed upon by the client.
- When integrating with vendors, ensure inclusion of those systems and state, as part of architectural considerations for the platform being built. Very often, these vendor systems are treated as a black box, which ends up being a unidirectional contract. However, this is not true, especially in cases where you treat vendor systems as an extension of the platform, till such time as they are replaced.
- Set expectations with the client around the roadmap of responsibilities for these systems. Extend this alignment to key vendor stakeholders
- Ensure feedback cycles and measurement approaches are in-place for delivery feasibility of the proposed strategy. Use this to make necessary trade-offs, if required depending on team competence, experience, risk appetite and delivery timelines.
- You have proven ability to establish and nurture relationships with senior executives across the organization
- You are able to represent and explain the value proposition and high-level implementation approach of a majority of the following:
- An enterprise wide platform strategy
- Driving investment in forward thinking, technical solutions that challenge the status quo and position our clients for industry leadership and success
- Organizational SDLC Design
- Business Case & ROI
- Cloud investments and it's role in providing a platform for innovation
- You have organizational leadership experience in one or more of the following technical breadth areas:
- national or global scale
- Strategic investment and long term technical road mapping
- Change management and organizational transformation
- You thrive in situations where you are given little to no direction and have the ability to lead, organize and deliver commitments on time and within budget
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead, you take them on and skillfully manage them
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business and have a knack for communicating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- You love creating robust, scalable, flexible and relevant solutions that help transform businesses and industries
- You work in a collaborative way with other strategic subject matter experts and can synthesize an overall strategy based on the input from multiple experts.
Platform Strategist Objectives & Key Results
- Demonstrate client platform success
- Measure all outcomes against Business KPIs first
- Platform adoption
- Innovation / delivery velocity unlock
- Cycle time
- "4 key metrics"
- Cost savings
- Explicit tracking of architectural debt reduction
- Client satisfaction
- Base CSAT measure - key PA client stakeholders
- Reference ability
- Public client stories
- CLTSAT - CLT contribution)
- Expanding scope of platform work and help sell consumers of platform
- Contribute role related content to offering knowledge base
- Support net-new business development by partnering with EMPC demand leaders
- Capability Development
Other things to know
While we've traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it's deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn't the right role for you? That's OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks , our learning community (click " contact me about recruitment opportunities " to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
City: New York City, New York
Date Posted: 05-21-2022
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.