Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and MoneyLion) via its simple yet robust API and embeddable marketplaces. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to lead large architecture initiatives. In this position, you will leverage your deep understanding of public facing APIs and backend microservices to ensure that Even's API continues to lead the industry for search and recommendation of financial products, backed by well-designed architecture that enables maximum developer impact.
Day to day:
- Lead complex initiatives like introducing API versioning with a framework for backwards compatibility
- Make our API a breeze for partners to integrate with through well-designed interface and autogenerated SDKs
- Identify and spearhead opportunities for design improvements in our infrastructure and services
- Ensure Even's systems are built to scale in a way that can handle growing traffic and new functionality
- Make it easy for devs to deliver robust software by understanding our SDLC and making improvements
- Review new architecture proposals across our teams by participating in our RFC process and design sessions
- Mentor engineers directly and spread knowledge through things like interactive teaching sessions in a group setting
- Analyze and debug complex system-level issues
- Keep users and the product in mind while developing highly effective technical solutions
- Recommend new technologies to improve developer impact, code quality, and our product offerings
You may be a fit if you have:
- 10+ years software engineer experience or a strong academic background in computer science
- 2+ years proven success as a principal or staff engineer, preferably in a high growth, tech start-up environment
- Expertise in Scala, including libraries like Scalaz or Cats
- Expertise in public-facing APIs and web application frameworks like Play
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure built in the AWS ecosystem
- Pragmatic approach to delivering results and achieving goals
- Ability orchestrate complex changes across multiple teams and codebases
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- Desire to teach and mentor engineers
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description