Principal Security Engineer, Product Security (Build) at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Principal Security Engineer, Product Security
As a member of the Product Security team, you will share in the responsibility of protecting the company and our customers against application security threats. The ProdSec team is focused on the advancement of modern application security and supports the engineering organization by finding, fixing, and preventing software security vulnerabilities.
As a Principal Security Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of resilient and secure applications in support of the team’s goals. This will take the form of internal security-focused tools, applications, and systems, with a focus on infrastructure and cloud security.
- Design and deliver solutions that solve real-world security problems
- Develop tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to educate them on threats and vulnerabilities applicable to Gemini’s platform.
- Perform security assessments of Gemini’s platform, which includes our web application, mobile application, and infrastructure, hardware, and protocols associated with supporting a growing list of cryptocurrencies.
- Develop and share research in the area of product security, vulnerability management, and blockchain / cryptocurrency.
- At least 8 years of experience in application security
- Expertise with common security testing methodologies
- Experience with automated or otherwise highly scalable application security solutions
- Experience with building and customizing tools
- Ability to accurately weigh security risks against business operations and goals
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience with Scala, Python, or C++
- Experience in cloud native environments
- Experience securing mobile applications and infrastructure
- Published or presented security research
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.