Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Principal Security Engineer, Threat Detection & Response
Gemini is looking for a Principal Security Engineer, Threat Detection & Response to join our growing information security team. In this role, you will be a technical leader within the team responsible for designing, building, and automating detection and response solutions, developing unique and creative detection mechanisms, monitoring security events, and leading responses to any security incidents. This role is based in our New York City office and will report directly to the Associate Director, Threat Detection & Response.
- Own security solutions throughout their lifecycle, including design, development, and deployment, in order to continuously improve Gemini’s ability to detect and respond to advanced, targeted threats;
- Provide engineering leadership to your team, partner teams, and management, ensuring a cohesive approach to security engineering efforts;
- Lead proactive threat hunting activities to identify malicious activity within Gemini’s systems;
- Research and track emerging threats, to ensure engineering teams understand relevant attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures;
- Lead incident response and investigation efforts; and
- Mentor and guide other engineers in their growth and implementation of the above.
- Proficiency in a common programming language (e.g. Python, Go);
- Experience with design and development of detection mechanisms in support of MacOS, Linux, and cloud based solutions;
- Experience in host and memory forensics (including live response) for Windows, OSX, and/or Linux;
- Able to troubleshoot and debug issues, and demonstrate a methodical approach to root cause analysis;
- Familiar with dynamic and static analysis of malware; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers.
- Experience developing network detections and analyzing packet captures;
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc);
- Strong understanding of web application and network security;
- Experience developing and enriching threat intelligence;
- Experience developing systems to automate all of the above; and
- Leadership experience in an engineering environment.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.