Principal Software Architect at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a Principal Software Architect who will help drive architecture of its full software stack at the intersection of hardware, software, and backend. The principal architect will drive system architecture discussions and decisions and help with strategy and execution to fuel Peloton’s double-digit growth and market expansion. The principal architect will serve as a transformational technical lead providing insights to the software leadership team on technology advancements for full software stack, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations.
- Work with other software architects and leads to define software architecture and prototype software stack for Peloton’s hardware and software products.
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
- Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements.
- 10+ years of software lead/architect experience.
- 5 years of experience in architecting and shipping consumer devices using Android OS with cloud software.
- Experience driving end to end performance of a software stack.
- Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Linux Kernel, Android Frameworks, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Middleware, User Interface, Mobile Application Development, Backend, and Software Development Kits.
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada, and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.