PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
As a member of Peloton’s Software Architecture team you’ll be involved in software that powers every user experience across all peloton platforms and products globally. We help users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more.
Peloton is looking for a Principal Software Architect - Backend who will drive the architecture of our services, API’s, and data for scale and modularity through cross functional interaction with the platform/infrastructure, ecommerce and product software teams.
The Principal Software Architect - Backend will drive technical discussions leading to design decisions for Peloton’s services, API’s and data strategies. The architect will serve as a transformational technical lead providing insights to the software leadership team on technology advancements for backend software stack and ensuring scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model for the Product Engineering org
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Align our technology with the goals of the business and strategic objectives
- Coach engineers in architecture skills and thinking. Mentor and upskill engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
- Manage and identify organizational-wide risk
- Work with other software architects, engineering leads and Product Managers to define software architecture and build prototype of Peloton backend software stack
- Communicate cross functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
- Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for assessment and improvements.
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of backend software lead/architect experience, with 5 years architecting and shipping software at scale.
- Deep knowledge in several of the following domains: Microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, gRPC
- Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up, including various data regulatory, compliance considerations.
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams
- Significant experience with SOA/microservices and event-driven architectures
- Ability to create analysis and quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.