At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will leverage the latest technologies to solve challenging problems that will impact millions of users. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, break down complex problems, and implement robust and scalable solutions. You’ll experiment with new ideas, and find ways to delight users!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work autonomously to identify and solve challenging technical problems
- Quickly deliver high quality software that solves real user problems
- Influence the technical direction for the team and broader engineering organization
- Lead the team to make technology and architectural tradeoffs
- Influence the strategic direction of the product
- Provide mentorship for other engineers on the team
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- 6+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Thorough understanding of at least one modern programming language such as Scala, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience designing and implementing microservice system architectures
- Experience developing and deploying scalable machine learning systems
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
Read Full Job Description