Principal Software Engineer, Mobile (React Native / Full-Stack) at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Minimum Experience: 7+ years
Type: Full time
Team: Mobile Engineering Team
At Dataminr, you’ll be joining a fast-moving mobile engineering team working on revamping our mobile product suite. You would help define and build new mobile-first experiences for our diverse set of customers.
As a mobile engineer, you would enter a team that encourages collaboration and shared understanding. You would be part of a rhythm to drive improvements and get faster at delivering value for our customers. We often borrow ideas from XP, Kanban, and Scrum, but we're always iterating and improving to find what works best for our team.
Our apps are mostly written in React Native and we are adopting TypeScript. We do not look for expertise in React Native but rather strong engineers who are curious and interested in shaping the cross-platform mobile space. If this resonates with you, please contact us and we’ll be happy to tell you more.
Who you are:
You care about building software for people. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on and how you work. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team and mentoring other engineers. You also:
- Have a desire to model strong engineering practices through hands-on coding.
- Collaborate with others specializations on the mobile team to design solutions with balanced tradeoffs
- Break down complex features into smaller, easy to release milestones
- Mentor team members in evolving their skills as software engineers
- Participate in shaping the interview process and bringing in new team members
- Desire to build a high-performing, cross-platform mobile team
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.