Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Los Angeles, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our NYC Analytics engineering team, you will be responsible for building out next-generation systems and processes that allow us to ingest advertising data and prepare it for health analytics at an ever-increasing scale.
You will be both a core contributor, advisor, and mentor as we tackle difficult technical challenges and continue to grow the size & scope of both the group and the services offered to the business.
What You'll Do
- Take the lead on the development of new systems that handle the processing of billions of data points across multiple dimensions against strict SLAs with the Analytics users
- Be responsible for the technical design, architecture, and implementation of major system components
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineering, product management, and other engineering groups based in NYC, Tel-Aviv, and Minsk
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular on AWS
- Provide technical guidance, support, and mentorship for members of the team and others in the company in your areas of expertise
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation, and industry knowledge
- 10+ years of hands-on, directly relevant, software development experience
- Proven experience building products in Big Data and distributed computing
- Experience designing cloud-first solutions with AWS technologies
- Technically proficient in: Java / Scala, Python, Spark/EMR, Relational Databases / SQL, Linux, Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working in an agile environment on enterprise products
- Experience in hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- College degree in Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering, or a similar technical field
Nice to Have
- AWS Associate Architect or Developer certification. Professional or Specialty is a big advantage
- Proficiency in some of the following technologies: Apache Airflow, RDBMS: MySQL, AWS Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Data Engineering: Warehousing, Data Lakes, ETL/ELT, VC/CI/CD: GitHub, Jenkins, PyPi, ECR, TerraForm, AWS : S3, RDS, Lambda, EC2, EKS, VPC, SQL, SNS, ELB, CloudFront, RESTful interfaces
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement
- Allocation for continuous learning and development
- Private roof deck and flexible working space
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities.
Veeva builds enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.