Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer (PSE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a PSE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship all in an inclusive and supportive environment. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient. As a Zocdoc’r, you may be working remotely, but that doesn’t mean you’re working alone - you’ll work with a supportive team of great humans who are funny, intellectually curious, and passionate about giving power back to the patient!
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- Autonomous, individually accountable, and comfortable working in a remote environment
- A product-driven engineer who believes in working collaboratively
- Excited to leverage technology to enhance the consumer experience
- A believer that diverse and inclusive teams and cultures are a non-negotiable
- Excited to lead projects and serve as a mentor and guide to junior talent
Your day to day is…
- Shipping real code in languages like Scala, C#, Node or React to millions of users autonomously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike!
- Mentoring your peers and colleagues, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing yourself
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A passion for web development IDEs, automated tests, and working with source code management systems which is unparalleled
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment.
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, with experience working across multiple areas of the technology stack.
- Experience successfully working remotely, or with a distributed workforce preferred
- 5+ years of professional full-stack development experience. Experience within AWS environments and a high emphasis on testing is a plus.
- A competitive compensation package
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Generous parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.