What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Platform Workflows team, you’ll create the workflow engine of our future application platform, empowering internal and external teams to efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore Platform. In addition to playing a key role in our technology strategy, your work will directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
This position will report into a Senior Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s workflow platform
- Build underlying application platform features that enable workflow customization and extensibility by users and first or third-party developers
- Contribute to core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including tools, processes, and procedures that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive key projects including:
- Scalability: We’re scaling Ruby on Rails and need engineers who are ready to take on the challenge of working on live, core systems with millions of users
- Microservices: We build, maintain, and develop a wide series of microservices and are looking for engineers adept at discovering new opportunities and driving them to completion
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 10+ years experience in Object-Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C++, Java)
- Experience designing and implementing workflow engines
- Familiarity with ISO 19510 and BPMN
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Demonstrated expertise with building and/or significantly improving large, business-critical systems involving stability, performance, and scalability
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs, GraphQL is a plus
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.Additional Information
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.