Principal Software Engineer at CLEAR
Founded in 2010, CLEAR’s mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 10 million members and hundreds of partners across the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, and more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, and we never sell member data.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be instrumental in driving the next generation of current and future Digital Identity products. You will be part of a team of architects charged with ideating and implementing innovative technical solutions across all of CLEAR. You will be working cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership and advice, and helping teams grow in their functions. Additionally you will be a key partner to the Product Management teams in helping define product roadmaps with a focus on all things that make up a digital identity.
What You Will Do:
- Identify and build support for technical initiatives that address CLEAR’s most important needs.
- Define the technical vision and strategy that guide engineers across departments to solve CLEAR’s thorniest, most intractable technical problems.
- Consistently take steps to support the growth and success of both engineers and non-engineers across CLEAR.
- Evaluate new software components and practices and influence teams to use them
- Reviewing architecture documents, working engineering teams to make the right decisions from design through implementation.
- You will be both hands-on and strategic
- Learn new tools and languages and share them with the development teams and when necessary build new tools and practices to help development teams move faster.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, focusing on building scalable infrastructure software with distributed systems.
- 7+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with Java, Go, C++ or related technology
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing software services designed for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with concentration in Distributed ML or modern High-Performance Computing
- Prior experience with collection, storage and validation of biometrics and/or identity standards