Principal Software Engineer at Lifion by ADP
ADP is hiring a Principal Software Engineer that is skilled in back-end API-based services architecture & development, web application development, AWS services, and integration technologies/platforms. In this position, the candidate will drive Data Cloud's data monetization efforts using ADP's big data assets. The successful candidate will have a strong command of software architecture, programming, and various cloud services.
- Demonstrate strong architecture and design skills building high-performance APIs using AWS services
- Design and implement highly scalable, interactive web applications with high usability
- Collaborate with product teams to iterate ideas on data monetization products/services and define feasibility
- Rapidly iterate on product ideas, build prototypes, and participate in proof of concepts
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in trouble shooting functional and performance issues
- Demonstrate leadership skills by solving difficult problems, leading by example, and helping to mentor and develop junior members on the team
- Design and develop automation solutions for continuous integration and deployment
- Develop knowledge of HCM & Payroll industry trends and data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing high performance APIs & Web applications
- 3+ years of experience in building APIs using AWS services, specifically using Python, Lambda and API gateway
- Experience working with DynamoDB, Aurora, SQS, SNS & S3
- Experience with Node.JS, REST and JSON
- Experience with integration technologies and platforms; Mulesoft experience a plus
- Strong understanding of the micro services, object-oriented design and patterns
- Familiarity with cloud-native DevOps automation, building CI/CD pipelines,
- Experience using bitbucket and Jenkins; Building Terraform modules is a plus
- Excellent understanding of web security practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.