SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Backend Software Developer with at least 8 years of full-time professional development experience, to join our NYC-based team. You will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing our existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of our apps, including our in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with our product organization to determine goals and requirements.Key Responsibilities:
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering to build reliability into our products
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to understand our customers’ needs and the design decisions of the product
- Lead decisions for the development team in a way that orchestrates technical efficiencies
- Take an instrumental role in creating software design patterns and fault tolerant systems
- Work closely with other application engineers and SREs to build performant CI/CD pipelines
- Work as part of the team to design and implement the scalability solutions of our fast-growing production systems
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development principles
- Proficiency in developing reliable, fault-tolerant, software. Java or Python is a bonus.
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Conviction in applying best practices and high quality code in your solutions
- Enthusiasm in mentoring other engineers
- Demonstrated history of designing and implementing distributed and fault-tolerant systems at high scale
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent communication
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave