Principal Software Security Architect at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As the Principal Software Security Architect you will be charged with establishing best practices and guidelines for Collibra’s engineering teams and you will provide consulting to business partners to influence security best practices and establish solid security principles across the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring that our software, infrastructure designs, and practices minimize the security vulnerabilities in our products, services, and applications.A day in the life of a Security Architect at Collibra:
You'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Collaborate with Information Security and the Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Develop and drive the implementation of a security architecture that supports Collibra’s goals and deliverables, through strategy, design, requirements, and code.
- Implement prototypes to evaluate new technologies as well as identify and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Collaborate with the other architects and contribute to our product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members and engineers on security best practices and develop the next generation of technical security leaders
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to create automated test strategies for known potential vulnerabilities and to create testing strategies that will help uncover less common vulnerabilities
- Be the liaison between Information Security and Product Management so when a vulnerability is discovered a timely resolution is identified, planned, prioritized and implemented
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management as the SME and advisor on software security topics
- Thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure systems at scale.
- Passion for building secure, reliable and scalable services in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Knowledge of security defenses against OWASP Top 10 type attacks, data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and Denial of Service attacks
- Ability to lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions and to provide direction and guidance at all levels of the organization on architectural use cases and requirements
- Ability to contextualize security issues and business risks both verbally and in writing
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- Hands on experience as a Software Engineer with secure coding capabilities.
- Hands on experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience in a SaaS environment is preferred
- Experience in fast-growing agile environments is preferred
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*