At HUMAN we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The MediaGuard team is a multi-functional team of R&D humans focused primarily on solving the set of problems faced by Ad Tech platforms, agencies and brands in ensuring the delivery of digital advertising to humans. You will be responsible for developing innovative, comprehensive and efficient solutions that will be coordinated into various parts of the Ad Tech ecosystem to analyze, explain and prevent various types of fraudulent and nonstandard activities. You will look for new ways to uncover fraud and highlight patterns of abuse that only HUMAN can deliver given our history of successfully reducing sophisticated IVT across programmatic advertising.What you will do:
- Implement solutions to problems most certainly in Golang, possibly in Java and even maybe some other language or platform to serve the needs of the MediaGuard customers.
- Profile, debug, optimize and harden Linux-based software.
- Support the development and delivery of the MediaGuard product, one of our flagship offerings that handles 1.5 trillion prediction requests a day from some of the largest internet companies in the world.
- Partner closely with our Platform Engineering teams to find ways to deliver outstanding value to our MediaGuard customers by extending and reusing common platform components.
- Collaborate with detection researchers (data scientists, malware reversers, threat analysts) to design and propose new ways to demonstrate the return on investment our customers are realizing as a result of using our software
- Participate in an agile development cycle, write clear and usable documentation, give lightning talks and mentor others
- Work with a team of uniquely hardworking engineers who love to learn, experiment, and push the limits of modern technology
- Participate in building a thoughtful culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration and doing the best work of your career
- You’re either comfortable in Go codebases or open to learning the language given your depth of experience in another low-level/systems programming language such as C++, Rust, or Java. We will teach you Go!
- You have your share of war stories about distributed architectures and their common pitfalls
- You constantly work towards correctness and performance, in that order. You are a stickler for following a thorough merge request process and leaving things better than you found them.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to tackle sophisticated problems through meticulous experimentation.
- You have an open attitude and collaborate well across team boundaries- be they the office hallway or the continental divide.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.