Process Quality Engineer
Harry's is seeking a Process Quality Engineer for our line of personal care products. This role will work closely with Product Development, Project Management, Packaging Development, Supply Chain and our third party manufacturing partners. The main focus for this position is NPI, by being a key partner in the development phase of the product and driving industrialization. Additionally, you will support in diagnosing customer complaints and driving corrective actions by changing manufacturing processes, test methods, quality systems and product designs.
About the Team
The Harry's Inc. Quality team is responsible for the quality of products for both the Harry’s brand and our many store brand partners. The Quality team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to provide high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world. In addition, the team is responsible for commercialization of all new products.
What you will accomplish:
- Support Product Development with the process of pilot/production batch and standard sample evaluation and approval for New Product Introductions
- Support Product Development with batch scheduling, scale-up, OOS/deviation reports
- Lead technical transfers of formula to new suppliers
- Develop and maintain Third Party Manufacturer quality standards related to Harry’s soft products
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished goods in a centralized database
- Raw materials-related project leadership:
- Supply management systems
- Cost reduction opportunities
- Supply assurance for our raw materials
- Problem solving RM issues
- Lead raw material supplier audits
- Works with customers to ensure program quality requirements are mutually understood
- Build raw materials fundamentals and the understanding of their impact on Harry’s soft product attributes
- Experimentation, technical report writing and presentations
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
This should describe you:
- Minimum: Bachelor of Engineering/Science
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience with at least 2-4 of them in a manufacturing or production environment
- Proven experience working in the skin care, cosmetics, food and beverage, specifically with formula or product development
- Comprehensive familiarity with product formulation in wide range of categories
- Fascinated by chemistry, process engineering and how formulas come together
- Aerosol formulation/manufacturing experience would be a BIG plus!
- Exposure to both large (Fortune 1000) multinational companies and smaller, high growth companies
- Proven ability to make judgments in uncertain and unstructured environments
- Ability to build towards a future vision, making decisions now with the end goal in mind
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a straightforward and logical manner
- Ability to build lasting relationships with external partners and grow with them
- Intensely organized—Able to diligently track important figures and efficiently produce them in organized and easy to digest ways for the company
- Willing to travel regularly to our international suppliers
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Soft Products Quality
- Working on the Quality Engineering Team
- This role will work cross functionally with the R&D, Supply Chain and Distribution teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.