Product Manufacturing Engineer, NPI at Peloton
The Product Manufacturing Engineer, NPI will research, develop, and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower) create/manage project timelines, and lead manufacturing NPI (New Product Introduction) and sustaining activities. Successful candidate will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas and lead the implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership and expertise in manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand, and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute supplier and process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, CPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Travel requirement: This position requires domestic and international travel, at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business.
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG), or an equivalent combination of work and educational experience
- Solid knowledge & experience in joining technology, precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience working with Asian JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.