Product Security Engineer at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Product Security Engineer
Gemini is searching for a Product Security Engineer to join our growing security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Lead Product Security Engineer and be part of a team responsible for helping our engineering team to build secure code and develop security related features in Gemini’s platform.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve core security functionality including:
- Cryptocurrency storage
- Customer authentication and authorization
- Web security
- Data protection and encryption-at-rest
- Access-control for internal applications
- Contribute to and advance secure SDLC activities through engineering and processes
- Write automated testing to ensure correctness and reliability of existing features
- Review code written by colleagues for security concerns
- Provide security input around planning, architecture and design process for new products and features.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years industry experience working in applied security or cryptography, or comparable academic background.
- 2+ years experience working in Scala (or similar functional language) or Python
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.