Production Engineer, Development Operations (Remote) at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
Our team of Engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We assist with code deployments, and operational support for new and existing services and applications. You will work closely with our Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and other departments to configure, support, and troubleshoot issues with our environmentsWhat you will do:
- Own backend services such as Kafka, DNS, VoltDB
- Work across different cloud services (AWS, GCP etc.)
- Linux server Administration
- Implement Configuration as Code (Terraform)
- Configuration Management (Saltstack)
- Network troubleshooting (iptables, firewalld, traceroute, mtr, etc.)
- Create documentation and capacity plans
- Debug the hardest problems in terms of internet level scale
- Share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Ship things (and help others ship things) with velocity and quality
- Proactively remove blockers
- Translate project goals into technical designs
- Evaluate and implement strategies to improve performance
- Automation and scripting to simplify work (yours and others)
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper!
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of HUMAN
- You have an engineering degree, or a degree in a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- You have experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- You aim to remove toil and automate tasks with common scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- You have experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, big data platforms, storage systems and messaging systems
- You are interested in learning new software, frameworks and APIs
- You have considerable experience with 24x7 on-call support
- You are an expert in Linux server support
- You must be willing and able to support follow-the-sun pager rotations, which involves responding to tight SLAs during normal working hours, and occasionally outside business hours during infrequent emergency situations. As this is business-critical, impeccable work-habits and personal reliability are absolutely essential.
- Unlimited Holiday Policy
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.