Professional Services Consultant
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
In this role, you will ensure the success of our customers, acting as the expert for our product, and providing consulting expertise for the deployment, optimization, and operation of CockroachDB. You will carry on in-depth discussions with customers' technical experts as well as high-level, business talks with senior executives, taking our solution to the next level. To shine in this position, you have a strong technical background (infrastructure solutions), be a critical thinker, and have a passion for problem-solving.
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical and business environment and requirements, providing a hands-on delivery of CockroachDB.
- Build design and deployment plans to implement CockroachDB into new customer environments; store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, and technical issues such as software and performance maintenance.
- Follow best practices when deploying CockroachDB, ensuring a consistent and positive customer experience.
- Solve customers’ product related problems on clients’ systems remotely and onsite.
- Collaborate with members of Support and Engineering teams to quickly resolve any client issues and ensure customer post-sales satisfaction. Train customers and partners on all aspects of the product and become their trusted advisor.
- Build SOWs to be delivered for customer implementation, creating an SOW repository and best practices for implementation.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and understand the value it brings to our customers. During this time, we also believe it’s crucial for you to establish internal relationships across documentation, product, and engineering to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be working with customers and to better understand their needs and how they can use CockroachDB in their environment. Over time in this role, you will manage hands-on product implementations both remotely and onsite.
- Previous customer-facing role either part of consulting, sales or support, working closely with customers and partners to deploy complex, custom solutions in a variety of customer environments.
- Firm understanding of SQL, Linux, and scripting languages (Python, Go, etc.) and one or more of the following technologies: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure technology and solutions, especially databases.
- Strong customer service skills, with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major.
- 5+ years of experience working with complex applications or distributed systems with a deep understanding of technology deployments.
- Willing to travel up to 50% based on customer and business needs.
Reporting to Jeff Miller - Chief Revenue Officer
Jeff joined Cockroach Labs because every CIO/CTO in the world is trying to make the cloud journey and most of those a hybrid cloud journey and eliminate legacy systems while also meeting new data privacy requirements. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral and will allow customers to handle complex data privacy issues. When he is not helping customers, he loves to spend time with his family, play golf, tennis, and squash, and watch anything Clemson on TV.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]