Professional Services Engineer
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
Do you get excited about delivering the feature that could be the difference in closing a massive client deal? Do you enjoy the thrill and satisfaction that come from working closely with clients? As a Professional Services Engineer at Simon, you will be a pivotal link between building client solutions and sustainable, extensible modules in our core app. You'll be responsible for rapidly iterating on elegant solutions within our core codebase. A typical day will consist of cross-functionally collaborating with engineering, customer success, and product management.What You'll Do
- Use your proficiency of Python and Django to craft critical, fully functional features that meet customer needs
- You will collaborate with Customer Success and Product management to suss out customer use cases
- Become a product expert across the application stack and advise our product engineering team on technical debt
- Help evolve and grow our customer delivery methodologies
- Be both a mentor and guide to your fellow teammates on best practices in iterating and delivering quality software without a defined end goal
- Drive technical requirements from high-level marketing and business needs of our end users
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth software development experience crafting, deploying and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, and Customer success)
- Experience working collaboratively with a customer-facing function
- Proficiency with Python and Django
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.