Our Video Playback Experience team builds the over-the-top applications that serve as the front door for Vimeo OTT. This is an opportunity to optimize testing processes, support product improvements based on customer feedback, and grow with a high-performing team.
As a QA Analyst II at Vimeo, you'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software for TV platforms. You will be responsible for building and executing test strategies across multiple products. It also includes collaboration with engineers to identify and resolve defects. You will ensure that every product update will delight our customers. The ideal candidate will be with detail-oriented skills and has a passion for building great quality software products, improving engineering team efficiency.What you'll do:
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others.
- Experiment and discover new approaches in testing and automation.
- Help Support team validate and triage issues for TV applications on the target platforms.
- Document and maintain test cases for every release cycle.
- Perform manual testing on staging and embedded (Xbox One, Samsung TV) environments.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure quality throughout the development cycle.
- 2+ years of experience in application testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans and debugging.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Familiarity with modern streaming media protocols (e.g. HLS, DASH).
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Empathy for how users interact with products
- Effectively report discovered issues to Engineers
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs