QA Analyst at AlphaSights
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more at alphasights.com
The QA Analyst role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven QA Analyst to join the Technical Operations (IT) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the QA Analyst therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You must be proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You will always be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
Working largely with the teams based in New York, you will also have the opportunity to work with teams based in other offices across US, EMEA and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become a subject matter expert for products and services
- Develop test plans and test cases across multiple projects (including sanity and regression tests)
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to proactively identify edge cases and break down large projects into discrete, testable steps
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 0-1 years of relevant experience in similar roles
- Attained a Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Experience within an agile (continuous deployment) environment
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and solution orientation
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment