QA Analyst at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst.
We are a dynamic team of technologists building products for a fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. As an experienced member of our QA team, we foremost look for talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best engineering and QA practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise for developing and improving the perceived and measurable quality of software products through manual and automated testing.
You will engage across various aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on ensuring best quality code. You are focused on ensuring a perfect customer and user experience by keeping the software quality top-of-mind during all testing phases. You need to be aware of any quality assurance issues that arise with any of our products and will become a product expert. You will work with cross-functional customer facing departments and technology teams to deliver tested products to our customers.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries.- one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards globally). This position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure to identify problems in a timely manner, along with the ability to work within a dynamic team environment. This role will require a strong knowledge of the expected functionality of the project as well as a keen eye for the end user experience.How you’ll contribute
- Participate in Agile Scrum team process, perform required standard testing activities keeping the customer experience top of mind during the testing process.
- Execute predefined test plans and test cases including areas of regression testing, exploratory testing, new features and integration testing across multiple browsers & devices for all projects.
- Design detailed and comprehensive test cases to cover different test conditions and user scenarios, and maintain well-organized and well documented test suites.
- Collaborate with the Test Engineering team, Product Managers and Engineering teams to accomplish QA tasks timely and with outstanding quality, and communicate and assist developers on issue resolution.
- Partner with Product and Customer Support teams to replicate and validate user-facing issues, including owning and managing incoming tickets using various tools e.g. ServiceDesk.
- Build new test automation frameworks and configure test environments and set up continuous integration. Automating test scripts and test cases utilizing existing automation testing framework
- Debugging and running automation test suites for areas which include SEO testing, regression testing, functionality/UI testing, performance and email testing, visual regression testing
- Collaborate with developers on technical implementation and code coverage
- Advocate for testable and functional software designs to enable quality design principles
- Collaborate with Test Engineering team to drive innovation and insure highest product quality
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a QA or similar role required
- Experience with Agile or Kanban development methodologies and regression testing required
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and test scripts
- Experience in project management and QA methodology with strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail & not letting any major or minor details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.